Man’s Best Friend, Pancake Stealer And Accidental House Fire Starter.

dog fire
February 7, 2018 | by: russellmackenzie

A golden retriever left home alone caused a small kitchen fire after stealing leftover pancakes off the stove. Home surveillance footage (below) shows the pup – who was at the Massachusetts home with a second dog — walk over to the stove and get on its hind legs to eat the flapjacks. Moments later a blaze erupts on the stove and smoke fills the house as the dogs can be seen lying on the couch. Luckily, the home was connected to a monitored alarm system that alerted first responders who arrived at the residence within minutes before much damage occurred. According to the fire department, the dog “hit the ignition button on the gas stove” when it went for the pancakes. “If you have pets or young children in the home look into safety covers for your stove controls,” the department warned.

~Russell

Comments are closed.