5 hand sanitizers added to Health Canada’s evolving recall list
Five more hand sanitizers were added to Health Canada’s evolving recall list on Tuesday, which now includes more than 100 products that may pose health risks.
The newest recalled hand sanitizers are:
- Last Best Brewing and Distilling Hand Sanitizer from Last Best Brewery (Calgary)
- Nomad Hand Sanitizer (Lemongrass) from Rocky Mountain Soap Company (Canmore, Alta.)
- Purify Hand Sanitizer and Antibacterial Spray from Prairie Potions (Winnipeg)
- Gel d’alcool pour les mains avec émollients, 70% alcool éthylique en format de 250 mL from Sanix (Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Que.)
- Gel d’alcool pour les mains avec émollients, 70% alcool éthylique en format de 4 L from Sanix (Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Que.)
The products were recalled either for containing technical-grade ethanol without authorization, containing methanol or missing risk statements.
Health Canada said if you own any of the recalled products on the list, you should immediately stop using them and consult a health care professional if you have used them and have any concerns. Any adverse events or complaints can be reported to Health Canada.